GP Partners Australia on behalf of SA Health offer a range of complimentary CPD training events for General Practitioners which are fully accredited by the RACGP and held in metropolitan and peri-urban Adelaide. These CPD trainings are available in the areas of Palliative Shared Care and Obstetric Shared Care. Please see below for the full list of upcoming events.
Palliative Symptom Management Webinar | August 2018
A one hour online informative presenation looking at Palliative Care needs and treatment options.
Dr Russell Shute
Dr Lawrie Palmer
Palliative Shared Care Podcast featuring Professor Hugh Grantham
Coming July 2018
Presented by Professor. Hugh Grantham, Professor of Paramedics, Flinders University and Senior Medical Practitioner, South Australian Ambulance Service, Adelaide, South Australia.
All of our podcasts will be chaired by a GP Palliative Shared Care Program Advisor.
Conversations involving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) at the end of life can be extremely difficult. The chance of survival following cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in adults is between 5-20% depending on the circumstances. Although CPR can be attempted on anyone, there comes a time for some people when it is not in their best interests to do this. It may then be appropriate for a GP to consider a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order to enable the person to die with dignity. This podcast will explore this process to ensure the best decision is made for the client and family.
• Discuss Advanced Care Directives and Clinical Planning for End of Life to enhance the safety and quality of patient care
• Review the Australian Resuscitation Council’s policy on resuscitation.
• Assess and manage scenarios when General Practitioners should not attempt any resuscitation.
- Online - details coming soon
Obstetric Shared Care Refresher | Split Event | 31 July & 7th Aug
31 July and 7 August, 2018 5:30pm - 9:00pm
This CPD is a Refresher Clinical Update OSC split over 2 evenings.
A light dinner will be provided.
Category 1, 40 QI&CPD Points.
An interactive RACGP accredited Seminar presented by Obstetricians and Specialists on a variety of relevant topics including: Urology, Mental Health, STI MANAGEMENT IN PREGNANCY, SEX AFTER BABY plus many more.
- Adelaide Pavilion
Medicinal Cannabis – separating fact from fiction
6 September 2018 | 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Presenter: Josephine To
BPharm, MClinPharm, BCGP
Senior Pharmacist, Division of Aged Care, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care
Modbury Hospital, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network
Jo is the pharmacist for the Division of Aged Care, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care in Northern Adelaide Local Health Network. She works with patients and multidisciplinary teams to optimise medication use through all stages of illness through to end of life. She has previously worked as a clinical pharmacist at QEH and RAH, and as a lecturer in the pharmacy program at the University of South Australia. Jo continues to lecture in the undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacy programs and is passionate about improving medication safety through patient and clinician education. The following learning outcomes will be covered on the evening.
· Explain the basic pharmacology of cannabinoids
- Confidently discuss the different types of medicinal cannabis products which are available in Australia
- Describes the processes to access medicinal cannabis products in South Australia
- Provide resources and information which is available to Prescribers and Patients about medicinal cannabis to ensure patient safety
This presentation will be a 90 minute interactive session, the evening will begin with dinner at 6.30pm and presentation commencing at 7pm. This will credit you 3 QI/CPD points.
- Adelaide Hills Convention Centre
145A Mount Barker Rd, Hahndorf SA 5245
Pregnancy Diagnosed.What Next? | 14 September
14 September 2018, 5.30pm - 8.30pm
This Category 2 CPD event will cover the following learning objectives:
- Describe the booking process at a public hospital for a pregnant woman
- Undertake and manage 1st trimester screening and testing
- Monitor and interpret test and screening results
- Use and complete the Pregnancy Hand held record to ensure all routine checks are completed in a timely manner to enhance patient safety
Complimentary dinner will be provided and 4 CPD points are received through attendance.
To register please click here
- McCracken Country Club
Victor Harbor SA
Obstetric Shared Care Clinical Accreditation Seminar | 20 Oct
20 October, 2018 8:30am - 3:30pm
(Complementary morning tea and lunch. No cost CPD)
Education Points: RACGP 40 QI&CPD Points (Category 1)
- Adelaide Pavilion