GP Partners Australia on behalf of SA Health offer a range of complimentary CPD training events for General Practitioners which are fully accredited by the RACGP and held in metropolitan and peri-urban Adelaide. These CPD trainings are available in the areas of Palliative Shared Care and Obstetric Shared Care. Please see below for the full list of upcoming events.
End of Life Care Essentials Online Module
End-of-Life care is a significant role of GPs with many patients facing a progressive life limiting illness choosing to be cared for and, if possible, to die at home.
These online End-of-Life Care modules, produced by GP Partners Australia, aim to build the capacity and skills of GPs in caring for adults with a progressive life limiting illness and provides a framework for patient ‘shared-care’ with Specialist Palliative Care Services in metropolitan and peri-urban Adelaide to assist in addressing this.
This course is provided free of charge to all Registrars and General Practitioners.
Approved for 4 RACGP QI&CPD points in the 2017-19 triennium.
Palliative Shared Care Podcast featuring Professor Hugh Grantham
Coming September 2018
Presented by Professor. Hugh Grantham, Professor of Paramedics, Flinders University and Senior Medical Practitioner, South Australian Ambulance Service, Adelaide, South Australia.
All of our podcasts will be chaired by a GP Palliative Shared Care Program Advisor.
Conversations involving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) at the end of life can be extremely difficult. The chance of survival following cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in adults is between 5-20% depending on the circumstances. Although CPR can be attempted on anyone, there comes a time for some people when it is not in their best interests to do this. It may then be appropriate for a GP to consider a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order to enable the person to die with dignity. This podcast will explore this process to ensure the best decision is made for the client and family.
• Discuss Advanced Care Directives and Clinical Planning for End of Life to enhance the safety and quality of patient care
• Review the Australian Resuscitation Council’s policy on resuscitation.
• Assess and manage scenarios when General Practitioners should not attempt any resuscitation.
- Online - details coming soon
Palliative Symptom Management Podcast Series
Coming September 2018
Presented by Dr Laurie Palmer Clinical Palliative Specialist, along with Palliative Shared Care GP Advisor Dr Russell Shute. This series will include 3 podcasts covering areas surrounding palliative care and symptom management.
Medicinal Cannabis – separating fact from fiction
6 September 2018 | 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Presenter: Josephine To
BPharm, MClinPharm, BCGP
Senior Pharmacist, Division of Aged Care, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care
Modbury Hospital, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network
Jo is the pharmacist for the Division of Aged Care, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care in Northern Adelaide Local Health Network. She works with patients and multidisciplinary teams to optimise medication use through all stages of illness through to end of life. She has previously worked as a clinical pharmacist at QEH and RAH, and as a lecturer in the pharmacy program at the University of South Australia. Jo continues to lecture in the undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacy programs and is passionate about improving medication safety through patient and clinician education. The following learning outcomes will be covered on the evening.
· Explain the basic pharmacology of cannabinoids
- Confidently discuss the different types of medicinal cannabis products which are available in Australia
- Describes the processes to access medicinal cannabis products in South Australia
- Provide resources and information which is available to Prescribers and Patients about medicinal cannabis to ensure patient safety
This presentation will be a 90 minute interactive session, the evening will begin with dinner at 6.30pm and presentation commencing at 7pm. This will credit you 3 QI/CPD points.
- Adelaide Hills Convention Centre
145A Mount Barker Rd, Hahndorf SA 5245
Pregnancy Diagnosed.What Next? | 14 September
14 September 2018, 5.30pm - 8.30pm
This Category 2 CPD event will cover the following learning objectives:
- Describe the booking process at a public hospital for a pregnant woman
- Undertake and manage 1st trimester screening and testing
- Monitor and interpret test and screening results
- Use and complete the Pregnancy Hand held record to ensure all routine checks are completed in a timely manner to enhance patient safety
Complimentary dinner will be provided and 4 CPD points are received through attendance.
To register please click here
- McCracken Country Club
Victor Harbor SA
Obstetric Shared Care Clinical Accreditation Seminar | 20 Oct
20 October, 2018 8:30am - 3:30pm
(Complementary morning tea and lunch. No cost CPD)
Education Points: RACGP 40 QI&CPD Points (Category 1)
Please download presentations slides:
- Adelaide Pavilion
GP Palliative Shared Care Orientation Day
24 November 2018, 8.30am - 3.30pm
- Learning Objectives – at the end of the session, GPs will be able to:
- Implement the GP PSC Program to provide Palliative Care, in collaboration with Specialist Palliative Care Services, for patients in a community setting
- Describe the components of GP care planning and review of patients receiving GP Palliative Shared Care
- Assess and manage physical symptoms and psychosocial needs of adults with a life limiting illness or who are dying
- Discuss Advanced Care Directives and Clinical Planning for End of Life to enhance the safety and quality of patient care
- Describe the clinical management and considerations for patients during the terminal phase, and following death, in community settings
Complimentary lunch will be provided and 40 CPD points are received through attendance.Register Now